How do you Write a Good Undergraduate Essay?
Essay writing is an integral part of undergraduate learning. In an academic essay, inquiries are made to analyze or discuss academic topics, making it a challenging task for several undergraduate students. You can write a good essay with deep research and exceptional writing skills. If you want to score well in your undergraduate program, My Essay Mate provides expert essay helper to provide the best essay help online. Below are key approaches toward writing outstanding and unmatched essays for all undergraduate students.
- Understanding the question - Some of the common questions in undergraduate essays demand critical evaluation of a particular topic in terms of conceptualization and analysis. Failing to understand an essay is one of the primary reasons behind a bad essay. Thus, the question must be understood theoretically, and alternate approaches must be acknowledged considering the strengths and weaknesses of a particular topic or debate. Hybrid essays like 'compare and contrast essays further deviate the focus of the topic. Multiple approaches must be adopted to show that the writer has a good grasp and understanding of all the core theories. That is what experts providing essay help online aids students with.
- Planning and scheduling - The next step toward writing a good university essay is an efficient use of available time. Leaving the assigned task for the last minute will inevitably result in bad grades. By setting deadlines for yourself and committing to them, you can ensure that your essay draft is completed on time and ideally leave yourself enough time for finishing your final draft with proofreading.
- Using plenty of sources - Researching is an important part of writing a good essay. The ability to sift through many sources is an important academic skill you must develop during your undergraduate days. The virtual world has opened up several platforms like Google Scholar to conduct wide research on any topic. After finding articles that relate to your topic and sound promising, it is important to read through the abstract and ensure it's relevant. After identifying and selecting a few solid articles, it is important to:
- Go through their bibliographies.
- Check on Google Scholar as to who has cited them.
By relying on only a few articles, it is indicative that the students haven't engaged with the wider literature. The more sources cited by the student, the greater the student’s knowledge base indication.
- Adopting critical approach - In academic inquiries, the empirical theories, arguments, and studies have several flaws that can be inquired about and debated. The ability to leverage critical reasoning while dealing with academic materials opens up a plethora of academic presentations, adding to higher grades. Critical analysis represents the ability to judge a particular topic from an established knowledge base and requires research work in several alternative approaches for improved essay writing. It adds to the engagement of scholarly inquiries and offers potential skills for writing upcoming scholarly works in the form of an author.
- Structure, flow and focus - It is imperative to follow a logical structure that summarizes your essay's core introduction, main body, and conclusions. Presentation of your argument is central to the argument itself, and following a structural flow and focus brings academic excellence. Each section, paragraph, and outflow must add value to your essay's management and ensure that you do not stray from your core argument. Further, you can ensure that all the different parts of your essay fit together as a cohesive and logical whole and that the transition from one argument to the next is fluid. Tell your reader why you are transitioning from one argument to the next, why they are in this particular order, and how each argument helps shed light on a particular aspect of what you are discussing.
- Quoting, paraphrasing and plagiarism - Academic writing requires a careful balance between various arguments on a particular topic. To write a completely 'novel' essay by drawing only a single or few sources becomes indicative that you haven’t made yourself familiar with what has already been published. Conversely, citing someone for every point made suggests that you haven’t produced a novel argument. You must provide evidence (a credible citation) when making a statement of fact or drawing on arguments, frameworks, and theories presented by other academics. These, in turn, should support the overarching novel argument that you are making. Citing your sources ensures no space for plagiarism which is a serious offence in academia.
- Finding a 'study buddy' - Little do college students realize that collective work is always a better option than going through writing difficult and lengthy assignments alone. By creating goals for one another to meet word limit targets, research analysis, and sharing debates on certain arguments, the synergy created can boost your motivation to write good essays. Moreover, study buddies can be beneficial in proofreading each other’s work as it is difficult to see one’s own grammatical and structuring argument related essay issues.
- Writing in academic language - Academic writing should be written formally, concise, and unbiased and must include good use of rhetoric. For example, an academic essay must be written like this:
‘This essay explores the role of cultural capital in the consumption of art and the impact of cultural capital on consumers' perception of artistic expressions.’
This writing is far more concise, yet none of the meaning is lost. It also uses present (rather than future) tense and avoids informal terms. Clear, concise, and precise language is a hallmark of academic writing. That’s what an expert essay writer Australia does.
Do You Want help with your essays? Essay Helper is here. My Essay Mate, based in the heart of Australia, is the leading academic support service, offering custom essays, dissertation writing, model exam answers and more. Our essay writer services in Australia are recognized as one of the best online services online. You can visit our website for more information.