To positively influence health behaviour, health promotion is considered to promote health and prevent disease through systematic strategies at the community or individual level. In today's world due to, the growing relevance of health promotion has resulted in an increased need for health educators not in the healthcare industry but also in schools, colleges, government and community organizations.
Due to all these factors, health promotion has become an important course and many students opt for this. various new economic, social, political and environmental interventions are implemented to address and prevent the root causes of health issues, rather than only focusing on the treatment phase alone. So, all the complexities urge nursing and healthcare students to get health education and health promotion assignment help from experts. Your hunt for best experts offering top-class academic assistance ends at My Essay Mate.
The model of health promotion consists of causes, beliefs and measurements, there are some of the attributes which are the components of the health promotion model are health education, disease prevention and health protection.
Benefits to the Students Who are into Health Education
- Purpose of the program - Ventura College is one of the colleges that offer the course Health Education. The students who study this program will be able to assess, identify and implement individual health promotion strategies and personal wellness behaviours. After completing this course, one should be able to identify the particular factors which are influencing the multi-dimensional aspects of the health of all populations.
- Description of the program - The course's main objective is the development and education of students about health care so they can go with various career fields in the healthcare sector. The main foundation of the curriculum is based on liberal arts, and the natural and behavioural sciences are directed to special preparation for the various activities in the special health fields. As this program contains various areas to study and require intensive research so if students get stuck with any confusion and questions like what to do? From where to start, they can avail of NURBN2021 Assignment Help.
What Will Students get After the Completion of the Course?
After the completion of the course, various skills and knowledge will acquire by the students. After this course the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a needs assessment
- They will be able to apply at least one health behaviour theory to a real-world health program
- For chronic disease, they will be able to describe the environmental, behavioural and genetic risk factors.
- To meet the needs of specific populations, they will successfully identify appropriate programmatic strategies.
- For a managing a health-related program, students will be able to describe at least three fundamental skills.
- They clearly understand the roles and responsibilities of health education and promotion professionals.
What is the Health Promotion Model? What are Top 5 Approaches to Health Promotion?
The health promotion model is based on encouraging people to make healthy choices, and another important factor is to motivate them to be consistent with their intentions related to human behaviour based on theories. Health promotion is mostly implemented through strategies like counselling and patient education. Various authorities in the healthcare sector like medical administrators, care coordinators and other professionals develop and implement these approaches depending on the cases they handle. These professionals opt following five models to develop and implement these strategies:
- Health Promotion Model - This model is totally based on the idea that the health outcomes of people are affected through the experienced they had in life. This health promotion model majorly focuses on exploring the attitude of people about health and individual experiences related to it. According to this theory, to understand the health-related decision of any individual one should have to look at people's lifestyle, psychological health and social and cultural environment.
- Health Belief Model - This theory is based upon the fact that the individual's belief of diagnosed illness combined with their view of the effectiveness of the treatment, and this thing also predicts the likelihood of the individual adopting a change. If the person is suffering from any illness and hard to diagnose, they might find it harder to prioritize treatment for the cause. Due to this, the health practitioners have to take immediate action of telling someone that they are either susceptible or have a serious medical condition. If they don't feel the symptoms, they can question the medical approach of the practitioner.
- Transtheoretical Model - This is based on the fact that when any healthcare professional informs the patient about their medical condition and educate about the preventive measures they have to take, the person can believe them but avoid immediate action. This is based on the idea that someone receives any information about their health, they think it over before acting on it. This model demonstrates the six stages that someone might go through.
- Theory of Reasoned Action - This is not considered a model. This theory is highly credited under the HBM but is considered separate. This theory suggests that due to subjective norms, a person will act in a certain way on a health issue depending on their willingness. These norms are the outcome of the social and environmental surroundings and perceived control over that behaviour.
- Diffusion of Innovation Theory - Some other concept that falls under the community and organisational participation models is the Diffusion of Innovation (DOI). The theory looks into how a new idea or health behaviour spreads in a sociocultural configuration or society and what factors influence how quickly the idea or behaviour is adopted. The new approach, channels of communication, duration, and social order all influence the adoption of new ideas.
Perks if Choosing My Essay Mate
- You can choose experts of your choice for nursing assignment help
- One-to-one tutoring session
- 24*7 tutoring support
- You can rate our experts, and the feedback portal are also available
- No extra charge for the doubt clearing session
- For professional academic writing help, experienced experts are available with years of experience.
Hurry up! Call us and hire our experts today to get top-quality academic help.